- Ultra heavy-duty combination
- Gamma-Turn System: Both sides of a
laserdisc can be played consecutively without turning the disc over.
- Exceptional mechanical rigidity and
immunity to vibration.
- Heavy duty copper shielding of
critical video and audio circuitry ensures ultra high quality picture and
- Plays all NTSC laserdisc formats (5",
8", 12" and thin-type 8") plus compact discs, 5" CDV discs, and 3" CD
singles, without an adapter.
- Full digital processing system
virtually eliminates video signal distortion. Thanks to the digital field
correlation processor, time base corrector (TBC), and noise reduction (NR)
circuitry, the picture has high resolution and low noise. The result is a
remarkably film-like presentation with the highest possible picture quality.
- Two independent S-video outputs
driven by a digital Y/C separation circuit. This circuit uses temporal scene
filtering to provide superior cross-colour reduction with no loss in
horizontal, vertical or diagonal picture resolution.
- "Theatre Mode" for reproducing
natural movie theatre ambiance: The front panel display window and onscreen
display are turned off.
- Full function infra-red remote
control with professional videophile features, including jog and shuttle
controls to provide high-speed search with single-frame accuracy. Important
keys are back-lit for easy operation in the dark.
- Six repeat playback modes: Memory
Repeat, A-B Repeat, One-chapter/track Repeat, One-side Repeat, All-side
Repeat (for two-side LDs only), Program Repeat (up to 24 chapters/ tracks).
- Last Memory Function allows you to
watch a laser disc part way through, and then resume watching it later from
where you left off.
- AC-3 RF Output for use with Dolby
- Three digital audio outputs,
ST-Glass optical interface
75-ohm coaxial S/PDIF
AES/EBU-compatible, 110-ohm balanced
- Proprietary high-speed reclocking
circuitry resynchronizes all three digital outputs to achieve extremely low
jitter (< 10 picoseconds rms, typical).
- Calibrated digital audio output
impedances (75-ohm coaxial; 110-ohm AES/EBU) allows impedance matching to
prevent cable reflections and resulting jitter.
- Direct PC-board mounting of coaxial
and ST-Glass fiber-optic outputs eliminates internal cable reflections after
- High-performance, electrostatically
shielded, low-capacitance digital output transformer achieves higher
bandwidth and up to 30 dB better RF isolation than competing designs.
- Analogue 2-channel stereo output
jacks give access to the LD analogue FM audio track(s) and the linear PCM
digital audio tracks through the auxiliary built-in 1-bit DACs. [Note: For
highest quality conversion of the linear PCM digital audio tracks, connect
an external digital audio processor to one of the digital audio outputs.]
- LD1000 is manufactured under license
from Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation. Additionally licensed under
Canadian patent number 1,037,877. "Dolby", "AC-3", "Pro Logic" and the
double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.